The use of sandbags for flooding protection has been in existence for a while. In the case of a severe storm, sandbags might be your go-to solution to make sure water doesn’t get into your home or business. With new technological innovations, there’s an alternative to consider–it’s called an inflatable dam.
You might be familiar with bags filled with sand to protect from rising floodwater, but what about an inflatable dam? Our Aqua-Barrier system has stood the test of time and is designed for any situation. Still not convinced? See how Aqua-Barrier compares with the use of sandbags for flood protection.
An Aqua-Barrier system is an inflated dam that is made of industrial-grade vinyl-coated polyester that is used for dewatering and flood protection. It can be inflated to surround your commercial business.
- They’re usually faster to install than other flood protection solutions.
- They require minimal equipment to install and remove.
- Because they use the materials available onsite, special disposal isn’t needed which increases their cost-effectiveness.
- They’re environmentally friendly and can be reused.
- Depending on the size of the property, the initial assembly and installation might take some time to understand.
Pro Tip: Inflatable dams aren’t always used in times of emergency. Construction sites, pool maintenance, and dredging are just a few other ways Aqua-Barrier assists in water control.
A sandbag is a bag or sack that usually made of a polypropylene material that is filled with sand. To create a flood barrier, the sandbags are stacked on top of one another.
- The materials to make them are less expensive compared to other flood control alternatives.
- During an emergency, they’re usually provided at no charge at public stations.
- Due to their size, they are easy to transport and can be placed in small areas.
- A lot of time and effort is required to fill the sandbags and set up before a storm.
- Unfortunately, sandbags aren’t fully waterproof, and water can seep in-between the bags.
- After an emergency, Hazmat procedures are necessary for disposal due to the bacteria found in floodwater.
- Because of the contamination, they’re not reusable or eco-friendly.
The Results are In
Unfortunately, it’s apparent that the practice of filling bags with sand might be doing more harm than good. Instead of wasting materials that negatively impact the environment, consider using an inflatable dam. Our Aqua-Barrier system can be used across the globe and has continually proven to minimize flood damage.
Contact us today about the different Aqua-Barrier systems available for your home or business.