We all know how devastating a hurricane storm can be, especially during the peak of hurricane season 2020. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predicts 19 to 25 named storms and 7-11 hurricanes. Also, the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season might be worse due to a La Nina expected to develop a few months ahead.With hurricane season upon us in 2020, it’s crucial to know how to prepare for an impending storm. Does your business property have an appropriate plan in mind for a Houston storm surge? Click To Tweet
So, you need to start thinking of hurricane preparedness to protect your family and property when a storm is forming. Otherwise, you may not reverse all the damages caused when the hurricane or tropical storm hits hard. Thankfully, we’ll look at what you should do to prepare adequately for the hurricane season 2020. Let’s get started!
Construction Site Preparedness
The best way to protect a construction site from the devastating impacts of hurricanes is by creating a hurricane preparedness plan. Once a climate prediction center has named an impending hurricane, figure out what to do before, during, and after the hurricane activity.
Here are some ways to prepare a construction site for the hurricane season 2020.
- Keep the site clean and well-maintained for quick emergency procedures
- Deploy a water inflated property protector around the site to prevent flooding
- Secure or move potential projectiles indoors, including the scaffolding
Pro Tip: You should always monitor the weather once the National Hurricane Center has mentioned an impending hurricane storm in your area.
School Safety Preparedness
Most schools use flood insurance policies to cover damage costs caused by tropical storms and hurricanes. However, there are measures you can take to prevent or mitigate the damages.
Here are some of the ways to prepare your school for the hurricane season 2020.
- Devise an effective communication plan to inform everyone of potential floods
- Create a flood emergency plan to promote the safety of everyone in the school
- Install an inflatable flood barrier around school buildings to prevent flooding
- Move computers and other expensive electronics to higher levels
Business Property Preparedness
If you’ve set up a business in a hurricane-prone area, you need to protect it from the storm’s impacts, such as flooding. Otherwise, your property might get damaged.
Here are the ways to prepare your business property for the hurricane season 2020.
- Move treasured or expensive items such as furniture to higher levels
- Invest in a water inflated property protector to protect your property from floods
- Communicate a hurricane emergency plan with all your employees
- Clear gutters and drainage systems to carry away water from your property
Are You Ready for the Next Storm?
An effective hurricane preparedness plan can help prevent or mitigate the storms’ destructive impacts during the hurricane season 2020. Major hurricanes such as Hurricane Laura and Hurricane Katrina can be catastrophic and require you to take advanced safety measures. Just follow all the tips we’ve discussed to protect your family and property.
Contact us for flooding solutions, including the Aqua-Barrier® Flood Protection.